An avid coffee fan, but bored of having the same cup every day? We have some quick tips to help give your coffee a makeover with little to no effort.
Here a few things that can immediately improve the quality of your coffee, no matter how advanced or basic your skills are:
- Location, location, location. Transform a free corner into a coffee station and have your own set up right at home! The benefits are obvious- putting all your coffee supplies in one place saves you so much time during a hectic morning and will also help inspire you to get creative with your coffees. Make it stand out with a mug rack to show off all your unique mugs and a piece of art to brighten up the space.
- Tone down bitterness. If your morning pot came out a bit too bitter for your taste, just sprinkle some salt on it. The sodium from the salt offsets coffees bitterness. Science!
- Three words: Coffee. Ice. Cubes. There is nothing worse than diluted iced coffee thanks to melting ice cubes, but have no fear…If you freeze some leftover brewed coffee in ice cube trays, and you’ve got yourself the best homemade iced coffee you’ve ever had. Pro-tip: make milk and cookie cubes for your iced coffee and have yourself a coffee with a side of dessert.
- Recycle. There are plenty of good uses for your leftover coffee grounds so don’t just throw them away. You can chuck them into your garden to make a natural fertilizer, scrub them into your pots and pans to help remove stains, and even use them for a homemade coffee mask and face scrub.
- Pick flavoured pods over syrup. Try some of the no-sugar flavoured coffee beans or single-serving pods like vanilla, mocha or hazelnut. There are a lot of great brands that offer delicious flavours without any added sugar.
- Make your own foamed milk. If you haven’t got a home espresso machine or mastered the art of perfectly steamed milk, try this trick. Pour milk into a French press until its one-third full, press a half-dozen times and you’ll be amazed by the perfect cappuccino milk you’ve just made. Note: This can be done with cold milk, too.
- Spice up your life. Check your spice cabinet and throw some spices into your coffee to boost the flavour. This is a simple and natural way to add an extra kick to your coffee. Some recommended spices to try are: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper and ginger.
Now it’s up to you! Get creative with your next cup of coffee and let us know what you think!