The ACE Team
The ACE Team are here to help guide you to achieve academic excellence from first-year right through to graduation. This short video runs through the support available to you:
Our Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) Team, has years of experience providing academic guidance to our students and helping them achieve excellence in their course by developing skills such as:
- Academic writing
- Research skills
- Critical reading and writing
- Group work
- Time management
- Maths, Excel and computing
There are three main ways: one-to-one tutorials, online workshops and ACE’s range of learning materials.
- One-to-one tutorials: you can book a virtual or face to face 30-minute tutorial to discuss your academic development e.g. skills such as paraphrasing, referencing, and academic writing. We can also help you navigate your virtual learning environments and help with queries regarding accessing online resources.
- Online workshops: we offer ongoing support workshops on a variety of academic subjects such as structuring an argument, academic style and criticality. Along with these workshops, we hold drop in sessions on topics such referencing, in where you get the opportunity to ask questions and discuss answers with an ACE team member and other students.
- Self-access learning materials: we have also developed a wide range of materials based on common questions and academic needs, such as Quick Guides, Video Guides and PowerPoint presentations. All of our resources can be found on the ACE page on your VLE.
Our friendly team is available six days a week (Monday to Saturday) and we are more than happy to help! Feel free to get in touch to make an appointment, our contact details are:
firstname.lastname@example.org for London students
email@example.com for Birmingham students
The telephone number for all students: +44 (0)207 656 8446
Note: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the ACE team is currently offering online-only WebEx appointments to develop your academic skills.