Our range of Postgraduate courses are all available as an extended course with an additional Advanced Practice portion in the third semester.
What is Advanced Practice?
A Masters with Advanced Practice allows students to gain real-world experience as part of their course. It offers an extended 21-month long Masters degree which includes either an internship or Applied Consulting Project.
The Advanced Practice portion of the course takes place in the final semester after completing the taught modules in semesters one, two and three.
Click the link below for some facts and figures about previous years of Advanced Practice study.Advanced Practice facts and figures
What are the benefits of Advanced Practice?
There are a few key advantages for students who choose to complete a masters with advanced practice.
- Get practical experience of the issues faced by businesses
- Opportunities to network with key workplace contacts
- Reflect on the experience when writing a dissertation
- Use the experience to improve your CV
- Enhanced employability after graduation
Find out more about the benefits in our Advanced Practice flyer.
A standard Masters programme takes 12 months. A Masters with Advanced Practice takes 21 months to complete.
Semesters 1 & 2
The first two semesters are the same as the standard Masters with lectures and seminars each week.
This is the Advanced Practice section of the course where you will choose between two options:
- An Internship & Professional Development Project, which is a 15-week internship at an external company.
- An Applied Consulting Project, which involves working on a live business project within the industry relevant to the course.
The final semester includes either a Dissertation or Applied Research Project.
Our experienced team support students throughout the duration of the course by offering:
- CV writing workshops
- Application support with the Careers Team
- A dedicated Internships Team
To find out more about our range of business, management, and marketing course available with Advanced Practice, click the link below.See our full list of Postgraduate Courses