Our Student Finance Team are here to help. If you would like to arrange a personal meeting please contact us on the details below to arrange.

Finance drop-in sessions
If you need to speak with our Finance Team, we operate regular drop-in sessions on-campus and these are often the most effective way for us to help with your query. At this time we are unfortunately unable to offer online appointments.

Drop-in sessions:
• When: Monday–Friday
• Time: 11.30am – 3.30pm
• Where: on-campus in Birmingham and the Student Hub at 7-15 Rosebery Avenue, London

For Manchester students and those studying on evening and weekend timetables, our Team are available during the week via email and phone.

0203 504 3399

Self-Funding Students
0204 502 3863

We are committed to assisting you in your studies wherever possible. If you are experiencing any unforeseen financial difficulties in paying your Tuition Fees you must contact the Finance Team for support and advice as soon as possible.

For all payment-related information and to make a payment, please visit our new dedicated Make a Payment page.

If you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student from the UK, you may be able to receive financial support from the Government to help fund your studies.

The Government currently offers two types of loans that cover:

  • Tuition fees (paid directly to the university)
  • Living costs (paid directly to your bank and often called a maintenance loan)


Both loans will need to be repaid after your studies, however generally you won’t have to start paying anything back until the April after you have finished your course once you are employed and earning above a specific amount. For more information on when you’ll start repaying, please refer to your student finance repayment plan.

Any loan remaining for students from England after 40 years will be written off. Other UK countries such as Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have different thresholds around repayment.

How to apply

If you would like to find out more information about Student Finance loans and how to apply, please refer to the following:

To help you understand your Tuition Fees and the range of financial support available, you will need to define your student status in the UK depending on whether you are defined as a:

  • Home student (usually resident in the UK)
  • European Union (EU) student
  • or Overseas (International) student

Help with understanding your assessment can be found on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.

Please note that for UK/Home students who are financing their studies through the postgraduate loan, you will be required to make a deposit payment at enrolment of:

  • Extended degree: £1,350
  • Postgraduate degree (MSc, MBA): £250

This amount will be deducted from the total tuition fee. This does not apply to progressing students who are currently studying at undergraduate level with us.

Where you book your course otherwise than in person, you have a statutory right to cancel your booking within 14 working days starting on the day after the contract between us comes into force (“Contract Date”) unless the Contract Date is less than 14 working days prior to the commencement of your course in which case you may cancel at any time up to the commencement of your course. Where you cancel your booking in accordance with this condition you will be entitled to a full refund of any payments you have made in respect of the course.

Once a Confirmation of Acceptance of Study (CAS) number has been issued by Ulster University confirming full-time status and shown as used on the Home Office database, no refunds or course deferrals / cancellations are permissible other than in the instance of visa refusal and subject to meeting our terms and conditions.

Course deferrals may be allowed for students who are still overseas awaiting their student visa prior to the published course commencement date. An administration charge of £100 will be applied by QA Higher Education per deferral. Please see our terms and conditions for deferrals.

If a student’s visa application has been refused, then the amounts paid will be refunded, less an administration charge by QA Higher Education of £150 if the terms and conditions are met.

All refunds will be made in GBP. We will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of currency fluctuations or exchange rates.

If you are a student that does not require a visa then, where full Tuition Fees have been received, you may defer enrolment for one relevant sitting, provided we have received written notification 14 days prior to the course commencement date and you pay the applicable administration fee of £100.

When can requests for deferrals be refused?

Where you are an international student subject to a visa, we will refuse your request for a deferral where we have reason to believe you have entered the UK on the basis of our sponsorship but are not complying with our study and course requirements.

What happens if my visa is refused?

If your visa is refused you will be only be able to be considered for a refund if you are able to produce a copy of the visa refusal letter AND relevant passport within 28 days of the date of the visa refusal. No refunds can be granted after this period.

You will not be entitled to any refund where the visa refusal is because you have provided false or misleading information or you have previously been declined a visa by UKVI for similar reasons.

If you withdraw from your course and would like more information regarding fee liability, please see our finance terms and conditions.

If you would like to find out more about general payment and refunds, please see our terms and conditions.

It is important to note that your course fees cover registration costs, teaching for the course and access to the learning resources of our branch campuses and Student Support Services. They do not include the cost of course books, stationery and photocopying/printing costs, accommodation, living costs, travel, hobbies, sports or other leisure activities.

It is important you allow enough funds to cover your living expenses whilst you’re studying with us. The amount you will need will depend on your lifestyle, but the UKVI recommends you allow for a minimum of £12,006 (or £1,334 per month x 9 months) for London and £9,207 (or £1,023 per month x 9 months)  for out of London areas.

Our international students are required to pay a deposit towards their tuition fee. Information regarding this will be detailed in your offer letter.