|Level of study:||Pre-Masters|
|Tuition Fees||Fees and Finances|
A third class, pass or ordinary degree, or equivalent
|English language requirements:|
IELTS 6.0 with no component less than 5.5, or equivalent
Other English language tests are accepted, click here to find out more.
|Mode of study:||Full-time|
|Assessment method:||Coursework (may include class tests)|
|Start dates:||January, May, September|
About this course
Do you wish to make an impact in the world of business with a keen focus on analytics?
Do you dream of working in a global industry?
This programme will help you take the next step towards your career goals, equipping you with key skills so you can become a leader in tomorrow’s global business world.
The Extended route is the perfect preparation to make sure you can succeed in your postgraduate studies.
This programme is also available as Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics Advanced Practice, which includes either an internship or project.
The Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics integrates the Graduate Certificate programme with our standard MSc International Business with Data Analytics programme, allowing you entry with qualifications equivalent to a standard degree (third class, pass or ordinary).
- Build a solid foundation in the skills needed for postgraduate studies
- Progress straight into the MSc International Business with Data Analytics after passing the Graduate Certificate stage with a minimum overall average mark of 50%, and a pass mark of 40% in each Graduate Certificate module
|Teaching and Assessment|
|Lectures and seminars:||12-14 hours per week|
|Independent study:||38 hours per week|
|Assessment:||Coursework (may include class tests)|
Careers and postgraduate opportunities
Businesses are increasingly conducted on a global scale, making this future-focused course ideal if you wish to progress in a business or international career and achieve your ambitions.
Developing skills that are industry-focused and transferrable, you will be the ideal candidate for jobs in a variety of fields and sectors.
- Data analysis
|Competitive job roles this programme might open up for you:|
|Business Development Manager||Project Manager||Human Resources Officer|
|Data Analyst||Business Analyst||Account Manager|
|Finance Manager||Management Consultant||Marketing Director|
Progressing on to MSc International Business
The pass mark for the Graduate Certificate modules is 40% in each module. Upon successfully completing the Graduate Certificate with an overall minimum average mark of 50% across all modules studied and passed, you will be guaranteed progression onto the MSc International Business.
International Business reading:
- Choosing to Study MSc International Business
- Modern Careers for Modern Students
- Study Business at our London and Birmingham Branch Campuses
All modules are core and 15 credits unless specified.
The Research for Business module will be of benefit to those international and home students whose research skills need to be enhanced and/or evidenced before progressing onto Masters level education.
- Develop valuable teamworking, visual/verbal presentation and reflective writing skills to research the key external factors that influence businesses and organisations
- Gain an understanding of researching a specific business or organisation using appropriate research models.
- Explore the factors used in the environmental scanning component of strategic management.
Academic skills differ due to cultural and language differences in teaching and assessment practices. This module is designed to support students’ transition in the use academic writing conventions, critical thinking and effective presentation skills.
- Develop the ability to communicate in an academic context
- Gain the skills in analysing and using source material in assignments
- Apply academic English to a higher level of study
This is a dynamic module designed to provide you with an opportunity to develop your capabilities assessing the potential success of a small business described in a provided case study.
- Explore elements of enterprise development including marketing, sales, human resources, finance and operations
- Learn to assess the immediate environment and factors that may hinder or facilitate the potential success a new enterprise.
- Understand the consequences of decision making in all aspects of the early stages of an enterprise and demonstrate an understanding of such topics as human resource management, supply chain & logistics, marketing, sales, finance and operations.
MSc International Business with Data Analytics
Gain a fundamental introduction to skills and frameworks specific to postgraduate study, to help you make the most of your postgraduate degree.
- Assess and develop your academic writing skills
- Practise through weekly tasks and receive regular feedback for your improvement
- Become confident in the skills you will need to succeed in written assignments
Gain insight into the current uncertain and complex global context and the many challenges faced by businesses today.
- Understand what it takes to become the leaders and decision-makers of tomorrow
- Study key concepts and current trends in global business
- Get ready for a career in a multi-layered and international environment
- Develop flexibility and adaptability skills, and understand their importance both in the domestic, and regional and global contexts
Become an expert in key business theories and skills within an international business context.
- Gain an introduction to financial theory
- Explore techniques for entrepreneurship and managerial decision-making
- Develop skills for planning, control and funding throughout the business cycle
Global markets and export-led growth are expanding, while regional markets shrink – what does this mean from a marketing and sales perspective?
- Develop the knowledge, skills and expertise needed for international marketing
- Explore the marketing needs of SMEs and MNEs
- Understand the complexities of marketing internationally
- Learn how to make informed decisions to lead market development and growth through global sales development
Develop an understanding of e-business and its practical application in a range of different contexts.
- Critically evaluate the current practice on creating and managing an e-business
- Understand the implications of e-business for international business, and analyse how an organisation can apply e-business technologies
- Apply knowledge in competitive strategy in an international business context
Gain the knowledge and practical skills for applying business intelligence in an international business content.
- Develop quantitative analysis and data visualisation skills to derive valuable insight from data in various business situations
- Use data analytics to support management decision making in an international business context
With 78% of small business owners saying their businesses are profitable (Guidant Financial, 2021) understanding the strategic management of an SME within an international market will bring you closer to achieving your career ambitions.
- Understand the importance of analysing structure, country-based sources of advantage and unique qualities for achieving a competitive position in international markets
- Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the many organisational processes used to get to a competitive position
- Explore how to use these insights to translate strategy into organisational action
Research is imperative in making successful business decisions and is a key transferrable skill, sought by employers.
- Become confident in your research skills, even if you don’t have much research experience
- Gain fundamental knowledge, understanding and practical skills relevant to the international business research environment
- Boost your employability by developing highly desirable skills
The value was a record breaking 7.7 trillion US dollars in Q1 2022 (UNCTAD’s Global Trade Update, 2022). This makes international entrepreneurship and globalisation of small firms increasingly important.
- Explore enterprise knowledge and skills to develop an international entrepreneurial attitude
- Develop your personal international entrepreneurial skills and understand what it takes to succeed
- Learn to think creatively and problem-solve possible future scenarios
- Receive teaching through a variety of methods including lectures/tutorials, group and individual work and guest speakers, and learn to become a global citizen
And one of the following modules
Carry out research on a chosen topic within the field of international business, using all the skills and knowledge developed on this course.
- Receive advice and guidance by your academic supervisor throughout the process
- After successfully completing your 15,000-word dissertation, you will be awarded your MSc in International Business with Human Resource Management
Apply the theories and concepts explored on this programme to a real-life management issue.
- Choose and justify appropriate research methodologies, gather data and make conclusions and recommendations to an organisation
- After successfully completing your project, you will be awarded your MSc in International Business with Human Resource Management
The course information displayed on this page is correct for the academic year 2023/24. We aim to run the course as advertised however, changes may be necessary due to updates to the curriculum (due to academic or industry developments), student demand or UK compliance reasons.
- A third class or pass in a bachelors degree in any discipline, or equivalent; or
- A pass in a non-honours degree with any classification in any discipline, or equivalent; or
- 3-year Diploma (DAZhuan) or equivalent (China only)
For country-specific entry requirements, please visit the entry requirements page.
If you are unsure whether your qualifications meet the entry requirements, please contact us and one of our team will contact you to discuss your options.
English language requirements
Applicants must satisfy our general entry requirements as well as meeting specific requirements.
- You will need to provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grade 4 – previously grade C – or equivalent).
The general entry requirements are any of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5, or equivalent
- HKDSE English Language – Grade 4 overall with no less than 3 in any of the 4 sub skills
- Indian Standard XII English – Minimum of 70% (in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian Certificate in Secondary Education (ICSE) only)
- WAEC – C6
If you do not have the required IELTS, you may be eligible to study on our Pre-Sessional programmes.
Tuition fees for 2023/24
- UK/Home students: £9,600
This course is eligible for postgraduate government funding. Please contact us for details.
- London: £19,700
- Birmingham: £17,750
|Included in your tuition fees|
|Academic Support, including the Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) Team|
|Careers and Employability Service|
|Class hours (lectures, seminars and tutorials)|
|Facilities (computers, on-campus wi-fi, printers, vending machines)|
|Library resources, including a large online catalogue of books, journals and more|
|Social spaces (quiet study spaces, multi-faith rooms and spaces to socialise)|
|Student Support (Welfare Team, Finance Team and more)|
Tuition fees do not cover the cost of subject books, stationery, printing and photocopying costs, accommodation, living expenses, travel, hobbies, sports or any other extracurricular activities.
The modules you will study may require you to purchase additional course textbooks and you should be prepared to buy some additional texts. We recommend allowing an additional £300 for the duration of your course.
Please note: UK/Home students who are financing their studies through the postgraduate loan, you will be required to make a deposit payment of £1,350 at enrolment, this amount will be deducted from the total tuition fee. This does not apply to progressing students who are currently studying at undergraduate level with us.
Information for international students
Ulster University is committed to providing the best possible experience to all our students. To ensure you secure your place with us, we require our international students to pay a deposit towards their fees. More information can be found here.
Scholarships and discounts
For self-funding students, we offer a range of scholarships and early payment fee discounts, you can find out more here.
How to find out more
To find out more about this course, we recommend that you complete our enquiry form and one of our team will contact you to discuss your options.
How to apply
UK and International students can apply directly to study the Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics via our online application form below.
APPLY FOR JANUARY 2024
|Birmingham||Apply for January 2024|
|London||Apply for January 2024|
Information for disabled applicants
At Ulster, we welcome applications from disabled students and are committed to ensuring an equal and accessible application journey. Your application will be considered on an equal basis to all other applications. Please contact us if you require any assistance. This website is continually optimised to adhere to accessibility best practice guidelines; tools to assist users with specific accessibility requirements have also been provided. More information is available in our accessibility statement.
If you’re not sure or have any questions about studying with us, please contact us and one of our team will be able to help.