Want to pursue a Postgraduate degree but need some extra support to start studying for your Master’s? Then our Extended Masters programmes are specially designed for you.
An Extended Masters provides a bridging route for students who don’t meet the initial entry requirements for a Master’s degree. It’s a pathway to a full-time Master’s with Ulster University London and Birmingham.
Upon completing an integrated Graduate Certificate, students will have enhanced their subject knowledge, study skills and academic language which will enable them to progress onto our industry focused MSc postgraduate degrees.
What is the timeline for an Extended Masters?
First, you will complete a Graduate Certificate which takes 3 months to complete. 3 modules (Research Methods for Postgraduate Studies, Academic Essentials and Enterprise Development) need to be completed successfully. Upon successfully finishing this programme, you will have gained the skills and confidence to progress onto a Masters.
You then complete a Master’s programme in your chosen subject which takes 12 months to complete. This will be taught through a mixture of lectures, seminars, workshops and visits from industry expert speakers. Assessments are based on coursework and in-class tests.
What are the benefits of applying for an Extended Masters programme?
- One application process covering both Graduate Certificate and a Masters
- Great opportunities for students through an emphasis on work-based learning
- Friendly supportive learning environment to help you feel at home and make an easy transition to university life
- Industry-focused courses to ensure you are ready to function in a dynamic business environment
- Popular city centre locations
- Successfully complete the Graduate Certificate then start your Master’s degree
- Extended Masters have a combined CAS for international students
- Globally-recognised and fully accredited degrees
Extended Masters Programmes at Ulster University:
- Extended MSc Marketing
- Extended MSc Marketing with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc International Business
- Extended MSc International Business with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics
- Extended MSc International Business with Data Analytics with Advanced Practice
- Extended MSc International Business with Human Resource Management
- Extended MSc International Business with Human Resource Management with Advanced Practice
For a more detailed overview of all the Extended Masters programmes please visit Alternatively, feel free to contact us directly and speak with our team on:
International Students: +44 (0) 121 667 2677
UK / EU Students: +44 (0) 121 667 2590